Love Can Be...

When I love I love with all my heart
and many times love has torn me apartLeft me alone and pulled me under
Dreams shattered and torn asunder
So I put my heart up on a shelf to wait
till I'm ready to love again and thinking straight
Take my heart down
Turn it around
Make me believe in love again
Take my heart away
Convince me you'll stay
Don't make me wait for love this time
Let's commit the perfect crime
I'll steal your heart
and you'll steal mine
I always give more then I take away
I am just that way
To just be true to someone like you
Is all I really want to do
I'll never ask you to change
Cause each one of us are
strange in our own way
I love you just the way you are
I've come too far
To quit now and even though
I've been through so much
I still believe in love that is true
and I know it is out there waiting
for me and you.
Take me as I am, I give you my hand
take it and lead me where we need to go
Show me love is really not a dream
I know what is meant to be will be
When I find the right one
I know love will be all that it seems
but for us to start we both need
to believe with all our heart.

Copyright Christy 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light