Deep Within I Know It is Him

His eyes were warm & appealing
which made my soul revealing
From him I cannot hide
my passion deep inside
Even Though I knew he didn't find me as intriguing 
From my feelings I could not be fleeing
Deep inside my feelings engulfed me
Out of respect I withheld what was 
consuming me so he could not see
My deep passion longing to explode
& I knew soon it would overload
It is so hard to keep it within
but something so strong
would overwhelm me before long
No matter what I tried I could not shake
this deep engulfing ache
I knew it could never be
but taking risks is a part of me
I must try just to see
even though it seems impossible to me
His sense of humor I cannot resist 
So I persist and even though
it is wrong I must press on
It's weird how one's life can be turned upside down
When a certain special someone is around
Everyone says don't even try you'll lose
but when your heart must choose
it is impossible to deny 
or even question why?
Any other time I could just cut my losses
but with him I could not think to ever sever
what my heart was telling me to endeavor
What can you do when your heart tells you to stay
but your mind says you can't continue on this way? 
I wanted to just walk away
and save my heart such dismay
but my life seemed incomplete
& to face a day without him seemed too hard
to imagine as though I would never grin again
He brought so much joy to me this witty boy
I couldn't seem to recall much of my life
at all before he came into view
I must seem crazy to think of such things
but you don't know what he brings
to a life that has been sacrificed for 
others up until now 
he shows me what I've been missing 
& even though his lips I may never be kissing
I must express what is repressed deep within 
My heart and soul long to be free
& I feel with him they can be
Never have I felt a love of such measure
I know it is him I will always treasure.

Copyright Christy 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light