The Friend From Afar



I watch you day after day &
Everyday you turn me away
I have sit here so long trying
To be strong hoping you'll come along
To take a chance to get to know me
But things remain to be distant & strange between you & me
I don't know if you want me to stay or go away
I have so much more to give but my heart is in dismay
I don't want to complicate things if stress my presence brings
I want to put you mind at ease 
All I want is a chance please
To be a friend to you If you want me to be
I just care about you I need you to see I do & it's true
Time after time I've been there for you did you even notice 
me there have you been unaware? 
I feel your energy at times & pray you find comfort some way
I feel the isolation that consumes your spirit & wish I could be near it
So it doesn't feel alone anymore
I just want to offer a soft place for you to fall if you need it at all
Just know I care & there is a friend for you here.

Copyright Christy 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Hope Lies

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light