9-11 Reflections

We will never forget that day
Loved ones lost and lives in disarray.
As we watched and mourned the loss of our fellow man
All across this great land.
To those responsible we had to say
You will not get away.
Patriotism was seen for far and wide
But seem to disappear with the tide.
Have we lost our spirit reborn that day?
Did we give Ole Glory away?
The events still are clear to me
I can't understand what I see.
No one wants to see more lives lost,
But they don't understand the cost
Of the freedom we have today
They want to let them take it away.
We didn't earn our freedom by standing still
No one wants to kill
We just want justice to be done
Patriotism is an army of one.
An eagle will fly
As long as there are brave men and women willing to die
To protect what they love so dear
Freedom will be found here.

Copyright Christy 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light