A Lonely Spirit

As I wonder what is left for me
What is it that I can't see?
Running in circles all around
To this lonely life I seem to be bound.
I have tried to find someone but I
always seem to end up as one.
I love my freedom this is true
but long for something new.
Is there anyone for me out there?
I have so much love to share.
Love, affection, caring and being true
These are the things I offer you.
If I have but one heart to give away
Why is it so hard to find a place for it to stay?
All the good ones seem taken or lost
I have already paid a heavy cost.
I could search the world and never find the one
My search ends before it has begun.
Why should it be so hard to share a special gift?
It all seems to drift away at the end of the day.
Love takes time to find I know but seems
I never reap what I sow.
Most say don't look for it let it come to you
but what happens when that never comes true?
I remain lost and lonely out here in the wind
A lonely spirit floating with the tide that's
where I have been.
Destined for everywhere but finding a home no where.
Where do I take shelter when it seems no one cares?
Is there a place for me anywhere?
Carrying the fear of trying again and being hurt
once more. When do I have the courage to open the door?
Letting someone in isn't so easy for me
Maybe one day I will trust my eyes to see,
My heart to open and my mind to clear.
Is it too late? Have I already missed my soulmate?
Is there hope for one lonely spirit in this place?
Trusting in God's Grace I will continue to seek
staying humble and meek. I will fight the good fight
For Being Loved is everyone's right. 

Copyright Christy 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light