I Cry

I Cry for your polluted blue sky
I cry for your polluted seas as day turns to nigh
I cry for your creatures great and small
Lord Help them all
I cry for your wounded and weary
A cold rainy night can be so dreary
I cry for those who are lost and unloved right now
Lord show us how.
To make our world a better place
Our children will be the ones who replace
Us when we are gone.
They say it is darkest before the dawn.
I cry for your trees and mountains high
Your weeping willows and grasses of green
and everything in between.
May we always replace what we use so they never die.
I cry for your people far and wide
Will complete peace ever abide?
Recycle and keep her clean as much as you can
It is a duty for every woman and man.
Starting with you and me
May you see we are in this together
Earth is our home there is only one.
From early morning till the day is done.
It depends on you and me
Can't You see?
Earth I cry for you
and When this Earth Day is done
May we come together as one.
To protect and preserve what is not our own
But what we all depend on.
Earth is your mother like no other
Save her so that she will be here for
many generations to come no matter
where you are from.

Copyright Christy 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light