New Year's Resolution

This year I resolve to make friends with my fellow man
To lend a helping hand.
To help those in need,
For lost ones I will plead
To make a fresh start
To think from my heart.
To give where the need is great
For there is too much hate.
If I could do all these things
What change would it bring?
I think I need to start with me
This is where I see the greatest need to be.
I need to thank God for the many blessings this past year
For it is only when I walk with him my path is clear
I need to make sure he stays in my heart this coming year
Then and only then can I spread good cheer.
Yes I believe this New Year's Resolution is the Solution
Walking with him and trusting him in all I do this year.
Only then can all my burdens bear.
God can only make a Happy New Year.
To make this a Happy New Year, I see, I need to start with me.


Copyright Christy 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light