I Don't Know Why I Try

No matter what I do or say it never
seems to get through to you 
I know there will never come a day when 
you will look my way
Every day it is the same gals that
get their way
I give up trying to talk to you
I care so much for you, it's true
but what's the use of trying? if
I only end up sighing.
You'll never know how much I care
Even though my soul I have tried to bare
My heart says try again do the best
you can but I can't face the pain
I know we are very different & I have
no chance at all but I can't escape
your glance.
What have you done to me? why can't 
I see that letting go is best for me?
I keep trying to only end up crying
I love you so very much but I know
it is no use trying to speak to you
You frustrate me so and I just
can't let go.
You're the only one I want
The only one my heart won't release
Try and understand please
I have never had such a strong
feeling for someone
I have never wanted anyone
as much as I want you
I know you'll never give me a chance
I cannot let go even though 
I've tried like hell
I only wish you would try to get to 
know me well
Then maybe you would change your mind
but my chance I will never find
Because you just keep me blind
I don't know what else to do
I have tried so many times to
get through to you
I hate swimming against the tide
it will pull me under
& my dreams will be torn asunder.
My heart belongs to you
and I cannot change it no matter
how hard I try to steer clear
but it just leads me no where.
I have never had trouble letting go
but this time I can't seem to.
If my heart is but lost without you inside
Then just keep it at your side
I don't want it anymore if I can't feel alive
No matter how I strive I will never be
No more will I thrive, without you, my soul will die
No matter what I do
This much is true my heart will always belong to you.

Copyright Christy 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light