Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

I was concerned for him every day
Although I knew he'd never look my way
I felt drawn to him in so many odd ways
His eyes touched the deepest depth of my being
I knew I was wishing for hopeless things & dreaming
But this man was like no other I had ever known
it was as if he could see the real me without
being shown it at all
I wanted to walk away but it was if his soul
would call and I could not turn away at all
no matter how hard I tried to go astray
It was if our connection was yet unknown
but kept us near
With him I had no fear
I could be myself and not be afraid to reach out
My mind was always tossing me doubts but my heart knew better
it never wavered for it was his essence I savored
I longed to feel his touch but I knew I wanted too much
I want fate to decide so I will be patient and wait
What is meant to be will always find a way & I hope
to meet this man someday.
My passion is hard to conceal & explain but for me love must be real
a wild heart like his can never be restrained
His spirit must be free to be, but maybe someday he will
see what he means to me.
I care about him very much so for now I will just admire
him from afar I love you just the way you are.
I wish him the best in all he does may love find him
and treat him kind I just wish he would give me
a chance to change his mind my love is one of a kind
My loyalty to him would never disappear I
Just wanted him to know I will always care.

Copyright Christy 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Love's Eternal Light