So Much More to Me

On my worst day I
will never turn a friend away
I rein in my sincerest feelings
for those who deserve hearing them
I do not want to fit in cause
I have to be true to who I am within
I am not possessive or discreet but
I am very sweet
If you take the chance to get to know me
You will see that I am true to me
I talk to many people but trust very
few but to open myself completely I
must know that person well
Your secrets I will not tell
because I expect the same as well
Respect you I must to fully trust
Most may think I am unkind and cold
but I protect my fold
Your honor I will defend to the end
Never again will you find a truer friend
I will never take for granted those 
who are there for me If you could
use a friend like me Take time to
get to know me I only show you what I want
you to see but for those close to me they
always get the best of me.
This world is full of fakes and
deceivers & though I am distant
I am a consistent friend make time
for me and you will see
There is so much more to me.
Open your eyes and look past
my protectant disguise I am
vulnerable within cause I love
with all I got in me & never expect
a reward or fee look within & you will surely
see I am just me.

Copyright Christy 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light