Unreturned Love is Still Love in It's Purest Form

Lovers Wait a Paradise to create
One surrenders while the other runs away
Deep emotions left unexplored
Cause One loves more
When giving your heart
You never know if acceptance
will be a part of this story
And all for Love's Glory
When your soul has found the one
Will this love just leave you undone?
They don't feel the same but
still the truth remains
You are so sure you could never
love someone more
So what to do when love isn't returned?
Only to get burned
but you took the chance on romance
Will this love ever be remains to be seen
Do you move on? hold on? even though
they're already gone
They won't give you the chance
to make it work all is lost it seems
even though Your love for them still beams
if only as as beacon for them to return
maybe someday
What is meant to be will always find
a way but falling in love can leave you
in such dismay.
You don't want to try again or start over
at all so much love is wasted without
being tasted is it even worth the fall at all?
In my life I've taken so many chances on love only to
be met with unwelcome glances.
Maybe I'm unlovable & nothing but trouble?
You think of this time & time again
In the game of love does anyone really win?
You feel like you've given so much but
maybe they just aren't ready
to open their heart to you
you try to understand
maybe love isn't so grand
When no one knows where they really stand
When I give my heart I give my all
but no one ever seems to catch me when I fall
So maybe it's time to give up for good
If it always ends the same
All is in vain & it's a shame
For the one who accepts me will always
get more than they bargained for and
so much more. I will never get mad
but it makes me sad to think
my story ends here cause I was so sure
but I will try no more.

Copyright Christy 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light