Stuck in Love Rope-a-Dope

I fall then I get left behind
Love looks better in my mind
I listen to my heart
But then my dreams get torn apart
I give so much & hardly ask for 
anything at all
Why do I let myself fall?
When I know how the story ends
There is no need to pretend
it will turn out different this time
it seems men feel loving me is a crime
When you open your heart it is hard to tell
if it will be an endless well
of heartache & pain
Your stability to maintain
Why should we fall with reckless abandon?
Success with love is so random
No one can tell if you find the one
or if it all goes to hell
When I take a risk I am all in there is no inbetween
My vulnerabilty is seldom seen
I can't let my guard down for just anyone
but without any trust I am done.
I take all the hits in stride
trying to overlook my pride
But I can only take so much
When love just feels out of touch
in the present time it worries my mind
I need a deep connection, trust &
protection
I am as true as my reflection
Nothing I try to hide, what's
inside is on the outside
I always try to look on the upside
but lately it has been all downhill
my faith in love it does kill
I may not be the prettiest flower
but I'm one of the strongest with staying power
It is going to take a rare strong man
to take me as I am 
Maybe one day he will find me 
But I have doubts it will ever be.

Copyright Christy 2015



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light