Love's Eternal Light

When I feel my patience running thin
I think again
I think of how much I love you
and how your heart has touched my soul so unique 
and new I try to be understanding and caring
because I know the burdens you are bearing
It is hard to say what I feel when I look at you
It is true No words can comprehend my feelings 
deep in my soul I have no control
Many times I thought of giving up
and I think no more could be given
but My love for you keeps me driven
Love does not take kindly to changes so abrupt
Why tear down what has taken so long 
to build up?
Love needs time to grow anew 
You can't just give up you have to follow through
Once your heart has decided who is right for you
To truly touch the heart of another you have to
be patient even though your weary
They may try others before they reach you
but if your heart is insistent you have
to be persistent. 
So much love is lost by those who have given in
to despair when they should have stayed aware
Love happens in it's own due time
It can not be rushed or forced into
The voices of others may try to throw
you off your chosen way but true to
your heart you must stay
In the end there is only one who can
change your direction and that is the
person in the mirror's reflection.
Love may have many road blocks but
in the end two hearts will unlock
to make it work it takes dedication & time
Only then can love be sublime
Lower your expectations & release your
frustrations cause in the end it only
tears love down and stability will never
stick around. Give love a chance to
work it's spell and then you can tell
when the time is right for Love's eternal
light.

Copyright Christy 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew