Love Happens On It's Own Time

I've given so much of my time to romance
Still I am here left without a chance
I'm a hopeless romantic but I see
romance is hopeless for me
I always give more than I take
even though I know it's a mistake
But my heart is a giver and
a full time forgiver
Maybe I forgive more than I
should but I know Love is
about being understood
Maybe I let too much slide
but when you let your heart
decide You can't deny the
feelings inside
I let my heart lead the way
Even if logic says no way
I know love isn't logical
or psychological the mind
never agrees with what the
heart sees
I take my chances & with all
romances you just try to
enjoy the ride
& set aside your pride
Love takes work & time
& is usually more trying
than sublime
I know what I desire to
fuel my passionate fire
I also know what I deserve
So mostly I observe
trying to plan but love
takes it's own path 
when it comes to a man
We all get impatient & bored
it seems we always want more
but we need to see what is
meant to be will always find
a way even if love leaves us
in dismay
Love takes time & care
while staying aware
of the ups & downs the
smiles & frowns
I guess patience is the key
to make love what it's meant to be
Waiting around is hard to do
but at least enjoy the view
Love comes to those who still
believe it can be achieved
We need to work hard & trust is
a must to let love weave it's
own spell so that it will do
well
In the end there's no need to
defend what we feel inside
it just happens that way
Then we decide if we need to
stay or go away.

Copyright Christy 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light