Love Forever Alone

Love is what I long for but I cannot have who my soul craves
So my heart cannot be saved
I would rather lose my heart
Then to live apart
From the one who makes it sing
For me he is my only King
No one else will do
No one can replace you
I'd rather be alone
Chilled to the bone
Then to live without you
I know I have no chance
So I want no romance
They say find someone new
But I am only alive with you
So I accept my fate
Forever alone with no mate
I don't wanna start over
Or Begin again
Too much pain I'm living in
Men are always out of reach for me
The real me they'll never see
Not one chance not even a glance
Invisible to their eyes let downs are
No surprise
I used to believe but no longer
Do I get my hopes up
You get used to it so I give up
Men are not interested in me
I guess it's meant to be
Some of us never get to be the girl
The one they adore the one who
Never asks for more than a loyal heart
And a few minutes of someone's time
I guess it's too much to ask
With so much love to give just a lil love back is too much of a task so I quit giving in my love meter is in negative mode I've kissed too many toads not one prince has pursued my emotions are subdued for all my effort i have suffered in vain no love only pain my heart is his but he will never be mine unless intervention comes from the divine
©Christy 2019


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Within I Know It is Him

Like No Other Man I Ever Knew

Love's Eternal Light